What is Swag for Readers?
Swag is any freebie you offer or give along with your book. It’s ultimately marketing material.
Why should you give Swag to your Readers?
- People like free things. Weirdly, any free stuff.
- People love authors, and they want to show their friends that they are part of the cool, exclusive club of Author X.
- A goodie bag to go with a book is just fun!
- If you’re attending a book club, hosting a reading or signing, speaking at a conference, or teaching a workshop, Swag is an opportunity to spread your name far and wide.
Here’s a list of usual, fun, creative and unusual Swag:
- Pens, pencils
- Post-it notes
- Sewing Kits
- Bottle openers
- Wine glass stem huggers
- Lip balm
- Hand sanitizer
- Bath bombs
- Zipper bags
- Eyeglasses cleaning sheet
- Seed packets
- Police badges
- Access badges
- Flash drives
Here are several places where you can get Swag for your readers:
Lots of items you can put a logo on and have it shipped
You can design and print paper products on this site. They’ll deliver through the mail.
Quirky items and printed items shipped. This is one of my favorites
You can design and print paper products and pick up in the store within hours or have it mailed
Just what it says. Design stickers and such and have them shipped
You can design print and apparel products and have them shipped
You can design paper products and have them shipped