Video is king on the Internet!
It is. Listen, I know we’re writing books, but by 2020, EIGHTY PERCENT of consumer Internet traffic will be video.
Video gives your reader a feeling of being in the “in-crowd” and that’s how you’re going to get them talking about your next book.
Readers buy books from people they know and trust. Videos are a fantastic avenue to help readers get to know and trust you. This section discusses the live video, unedited video, and fully edited video.
What kinds of Video should a writer produce?
- Interviews with other authors
- Interview a research source
- Interview your own characters
- Tours of your writing space
- Tours of locations that remind you of your book setting
- Ask for input on a cover
- Are you holding a Give-a-way? Do it live.
- Read a chapter of your book.
- Share your favorite books (a reading list)
- A book review
- Behind the scenes of anything:
- Show how you plot;
- If you’re getting ready for an interview, live that;
- Host a Q&A session. Have a list ready to go beforehand and encourage viewers to contribute as you go along
Videos can be posted as little or often as you want. The market is insatiable. Obviously, the more videos you have, the more likely you’ll drive content to your social media page or website.
This is where Facebook Crossposting comes in.
Facebook Crossposting is like an email newsletter swap. Facebook Pages allow crossposting of videos to other Facebook Pages. It does require you to network with authors in your genre and agrees to cross-post each other videos. But the best reason to do this is organic exposure and aggregated analytics.
The more friends who post your video to their page using crossposting, the larger the audience you are exposed to. Additionally, whatever engagement and impressions their pages receive will accumulate for the post and you’ll be able to see what type of reach you’re achieving.
To do it, go to your page settings, on the far left column toward the bottom of the menu is a link Crossposting. Click on that and add a Facebook Page to your crossposting list. That page will get a notification every time you post a video and they can choose whether or not to post it to their page.
Keep your videos short and you’ll increase the likelihood of being seen. Even more important, have fun! Video should entertain your readers, so if you enjoy it, they will too!